St Carthage’s Primary School, Lismore
St Carthage’s School was opened in 1886 by the Presentation Sister’s from Ireland which catered for the demand for a Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore. The Marist Brothers were for a long time also involved with the school. Between 1911 and 1996 the Marist Brothers supplied numerous teachers to the school. One such teacher was Brother Gregory Joseph Sutton who began teaching at the school in 1985. However, 10 years later in 1996 Brother Sutton was convicted in New South Wales of child sexual abuse against two girls and three boys at St Carthage’s, each of whom was aged 10 or 11 years old at the time
Artemis Legal is interested in pursuing justice for any victim of child sexual abuse at the hands of Brother Sutton or any other perpetrator from the school. We invite former students, teachers and parents to contact us to tell us confidentially what information they may have, and we will explain what options are available to help with these cases.
Call us or complete the confidential enquiry form.